Search This Blog

Thursday 8 March 2012

Disable Oracle's password expiry

Recently I have come through a problem that I'm not able to access my BI system because BIServer and BI Presentation Server services are down because of my DEVELOPEMENT AND MDS Schema password has expired and it is no more connected with my BI System. So logged into my database and reset the password and disabled the password expiration.

I have given the updated password in Enterprise manager in my BI system and restarted the services. The service got up. So here I'm sharing how to disable the passowd expiry in my oracle source system so that the BI System will be connected with the source schema always.

Unlike older releases, Oracle 11g sets password expiry by default. That's really annoying for SYS and SYSTEM: nobody wants to regularly change (and forget) them. for any accounts that are used by application servers: the password is usually configured in a data source file, nobody would ever want to change it if some superusers directly access the DB and keep forgetting the password, the automatic locking will lock your application out: not great for your uptime.

So let's get rid of these annoyances with:

SQL> ALTER PROFILE DEFAULT LIMIT
         FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS UNLIMITED
         PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME UNLIMITED;

And also let's turn off the default auditing:

SQL> NOAUDIT ALL;
SQL> DELETE FROM SYS.AUD$;


Cheers,
Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Oracle Database Link and How to create database link (DB Link)

 https://www.oracletutorial.com/oracle-administration/oracle-create-database-link/

Recent Posts