Search This Blog

Thursday 1 November 2018

Adding Environment Variable in bash_profile in Linux

In a oracle BI environment, I had the following variables but I had to create it every time when I login into putty.
So How can we create an environment variable so It will be always there in server even after my session ends and I can access it all the time.

ORACLE_BI_HOME
ORACLE_BI_DOMAIN_HOME
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Here is the solution:

open a file and save all your environment variables in it and add that file in bash_profile file.

Here I have opened eraclebi_env.sh file to have all my variables added the path.



Now open your bash_profile and the environment file path to this profile file like mentioned in the below sceenshot.

 

Now run env or echo $env_name to check the variables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Oracle Database Link and How to create database link (DB Link)

 https://www.oracletutorial.com/oracle-administration/oracle-create-database-link/

Recent Posts